The answer is somewhat incredible and obvious that any dog lover or you will be more than happy to buy a good dog bed for your furry best friend. We would certainly want to help you in achieving that in order to improve your best friend’s mental and physical well-being.
When you choose a good dog bed, it just doesn’t portray a comfortable place to sleep and rest but also should acquire the features of supporting bones and joints to render a pain-free environment. A good dog bed also represents a cosy space that renders a warm situation during cold weather.
Moreover, who wouldn’t want their favourite companions to lay down on an amazing dog bed!
Just like bringing home a dog is very tricky as we like them all and want them all, the same is the case with their beds. The beds are so cute and in so many different sizes and shapes that we love them all. But here it is not about what we like but what your dog needs to feel comfortable. So considering this, choosing the right kind of dog bed can be a little tricky.
To help you out we have jotted down a few parameters which need to be there is a good dog bed. Check them out below.
1. The Size of the dog bed – Well to buy the right kind of bed you actually need to measure your dog from head to tail. This will give you an idea about the dog’s size making it convenient for you to buy the bed. This would ensure you do not buy a smaller or a bigger size bed than your dog.
Make sure that the bed is large enough for your dog to lie down comfortably in the natural position. Check if the bed fits the dog even while it is stretching out and not just while balling up.
2. The Sturdiness of the dog bed – Your dog bed must be really sturdy as you would be knowing that dogs might start chewing things up especially when they are young. In a few older dogs, they chew things to ensure their jaws are strong or to even clean teeth. Well if they chew off the bed they sleep in it is destructive and dangerous for the dog as well. Thus, it is recommended that the dog bed must be strong and sturdy enough.
3. Materials – As we humans select our mattress based on our convenience and comfort similarly dogs need a bed of the material which is comfortable to them. You would be able to provide this by observing your dog. Firstly the beds can be categorized based on the size of the dog and the age of the dog. Next is if the dogs have any kind of joint pains or have trouble getting out of the bed or if they have hip dysplasia or arthritis if the fog is old.
The next thing to consider is if they like foam, fur, cooling gel mattresses, soft ones, hard ones, or simple ones. Once you analyze all this you can choose the materials like memory foam can be great for dogs with balky joints or old dogs. If your dog is small then fluffy soft beds can be chosen.
4. Convenience to clean – Remember to consider the ease of cleaning, too. Your dog’s bed will need it sooner or later. Cot-like beds fit that bill, as do machine-washable options, particularly ones with a removable cover that you can throw in the washer. Cleaning is yet another important aspect while selecting a dog bed as it would require frequent cleanings. Best, in this case, would be machine washable beds or cot-like beds. Best beds are the ones having covers that can be easily removed and washed whenever required.
5. Consider Your dog’s age – Since a good dog bed assists the dog’s bones and muscles, it is highly recommended to choose a better product for your aging dog. As your best friend ages with every passing month, while comforting you in all your emotional stress and joy rides, it is only fair to switch their bed with an orthopedic mattress. The support from these types of beds can help protect your older pet’s muscles, joints, and bones.