1. What is the role of a mattress protector?
Mattress protectors can help prevent you from getting cuts and bruises as you fall asleep, and may even prevent you from accidentally scratching your new mattress with scissors.
They can also protect you from condensation as your mattress absorbs moisture from your body. Water spreads, causing the mattress to sweat and moisten, and if you have a “relaxing” mattress, condensation can leave your mattress with an even grosser appearance than before.
An affordable mattress protector can also help you sleep in a way that’s more comfortable. If your mattress is too soft or firm, a mattress protector can help you achieve the best balance of comfort for your body. The different types of mattress protectors are available to fit a variety of different mattress types.
2. What Are Other Benefits of a Mattress Protector?
While the benefits of mattress protectors are well-known, there are still a couple of things to consider before you buy mattress protectors offer the following benefits:
- When you’re looking for a mattress protector, think of it as a soft cushion for your bed. It will protect the top of your mattress and cushion the sides of the bed, keeping your sheets and blankets from slipping off and around the sides of your bed. It also does much more than protect the mattress. Here are the main benefits of mattress protectors.
- In humid climates, mattress protectors help block moisture from coming into contact with the mattress, keeping it fresh and preventing mold and mildew.
- Additionally, in colder climates, a mattress protector helps keep the mattress, which could easily be susceptible to moisture damage from cold and wind, from cracking or crackling.
- Finally, there is a substantial benefit of wearing a mattress protector that can extend your sleeping time: even a thin mattress protector is capable of absorbing the weight of a person lying on it.
- The material is resistant to stain, and is also easy to wash, so you don’t have to worry about ruining your bedding. The material is also resistant to cracking and tearing, so it’s best for expensive mattresses
- As a mattress protector, TPU is very soft and flexible, making it ideal for protecting any type of mattress
- It increases durability and elasticity.
- It softens the memory foam of the memory foam mattress, thus increasing the comfort.
- It protects your mattress against wear and tear and thus prolongs its lifespan.
- If you’re someone who doesn’t want to keep toying with delicate foam inside your mattress, then invest in a mattress protector. It not only prevents dust mites from getting in, but also keeps the mattress protected against sweat.
3. When Should You Replace Your Mattress Protector?
Generally, you should replace your mattress protector after one or two years of good usage. When this happens, check the tag for warranty information. Be aware that when your mattress protector is nearing the end of its life, it may no longer be able to provide proper protection. Consider buying a new one to avoid a costly headache. The average price of a mattress protector is between $40 onwards.