Air mattresses make for a great camping experience. They add comfort and warmth to the tent on chilly nights. But how do you choose an air mattress made for this particular purpose? What should you consider when shopping for one, and what’s the best type of bedding on top of it? Let’s explore these questions and more below:
What is Camping Air Mattress Quality Like? The quality of camping air mattresses is highly variable. Some of the lower-quality models tend to be more rigid, which can be annoying if you try to sleep in any position other than flat on your back.
●●●●● (4.7/5) based on 518% reviews
Pros of using Air mattresses for camping:
Camping with your whole family and friends? Need a place for everyone to sleep? Air mattresses can take care of that. If you’re considering using an air mattress for the first time, we’ve got plenty of information below on why they’re just as good as a regular mattress at home.
1) Comfort: Air mattresses offer a similar amount of comfort found in traditional sleeping surfaces. Air mattresses use a high-density foam layer like a memory foam mattress, which helps provide a comfortable sleep. Their supportive feel allows for a good night’s rest.
2) Durability: Air mattresses are easily inflated and deflated with no hassle. These mattresses can withstand daily use, depending on their quality. If you want to keep your air mattress in great condition, be sure to regularly remove any dirt build-up from the mattress’ surface or pump, as well as store it in a dry place safe from the sunlight.
3) Space-saving: Air mattresses can be used for various purposes other than camping. Most air mattresses can extend up to an additional 12 inches providing more space for people to sleep on them comfortably. Using an air mattress is an ideal choice for camping for this reason.
4) Affordable: Air mattresses are more affordable than traditional Australian mattresses. The normal price ranges from $40 to $300 or more, depending on the quality of the mattress. You can buy new mattresses and keep them in good condition for years and years without any trouble. Keep in mind that you can also find cheap air mattresses online or at discount prices, so one thing we recommend is to look around and compare prices, so you know what provides the best value.
5) It can be used anywhere: Air mattresses are perfect for camping because they’re lightweight and portable.
6) Protection From Rocks and Roots: Some people use air mattresses as sleeping pads. This mattress is also used to protect your body from rocks and roots that can break your body while you sleep. The Air Mattress provides added comfort and protection against the natural hazards of camping, hiking, and roughing it outside. The unique design will help prevent cuts, scrapes, bruises and broken bones!
7) Many Uses: Air mattresses are very useful to have when you’re camping because they provide comfort for your sleep and a place to sit or sleep that is off the dirt or ground. That way, you don’t have to worry about getting dirty from where you slept. And depending on the type of air mattress, some can even be used in water!
8) Odor-Free: The material used in the construction of an air mattress is odour-free. This means that there is no need to worry about lingering odours from past sleepers or from sweat or other fluids that may accumulate during a night’s sleep.
Air mattresses are constructed with a vinyl top and a foam layer on the bottom. The vinyl topping makes it easier to clean up any spills while also keeping moisture away from your skin – keeping you cool and comfortable without excessive sweating. The foam base keeps your body weight evenly distributed for comfort while also helping reduce motion transfer if you share your bed with someone else!
9) Great for Your Kids: Everybody loves a good camping experience. But sometimes, you want to upgrade from sleeping on the ground and need an air mattress to provide some comfort. Especially for air beds for your kids who enjoy bouncing around in the night and kicking sleeping adults, a camping bed is a very wise investment
Cons of air mattresses for camping:
It is true that air mattresses are more comfortable than traditional inflatable foam pads. And they are much lighter too. But if you have ever used an air mattress for camping, then you know that it is not as durable as the other products on this list. And let’s be honest, camping can be harsh and rough on gear, right?
So the cons of air mattresses for camping is that they offer less comfort and protection than a regular inflatable pad. If we’re talking about extreme conditions like rough terrain or lots of water, then an air mattress might not be your best choice.
See Also – Best pillow in Australia
1) Discomfort: Air mattresses are not designed to replace your bed base. While they’ll offer some comfort, they will not offer enough for an overnight stay.
2) Design: No matter how much you want your air mattress to resemble a twin size bed, it won’t. Air mattresses are designed for two people and should never be used by more than one person.
3) Noise: With the noise level of an air mattress, you will certainly wake up your sleeping partner once he or she decides to roll over during the night.
4) Storage: If you are not camping, then there is no need to keep an air mattress. You have to find space for it somewhere in your home.
5) Cleaning: Cleaning the mattress requires taking it apart, which can be a hassle. You can take it apart, but then where do you store it? That’s something else that needs to be cleaned and stored somewhere.
6) Crawling pests: Finally, you’ll have insects crawling around your air mattress once the sun goes down. If you want to experience the opposite of camping, then crawl into bed with an air mattress sometime soon.
7) Leaky Air Mattress: One of the most common complaints is that air mattresses leak air frequently. The problem with air mattresses leaking is that you can’t tell when it’s going to happen, and if you’re camping somewhere remote, say the middle of a National Park, and your mattress starts deflating in the middle of the night well let’s just say you’re gonna be sleeping on some hard ground tonight.
8) Lengthy Assembly: The main concern with the product is that the length of time it takes to inflate this mattress is too lengthy. It takes a full 30 minutes. While this may seem like a long time, many people have had a problem with not being able to fully inflate their mattress in the necessary period of time for them to sleep comfortably. This can be due to a number of reasons, but problems include different settings on your air pump, as well as electrical or mechanical malfunctions. The manufacturer recommends not using an electric auto-inflate device but instead manually inflating your bed with basic tools such as a bucket and plunger so that you can avoid breaking anything from over-inflation efforts.
See Also – Best Sheet in Australia
Is it ok to buy an air mattress?
Air mattresses are good for you, they can help support your body if you have any physical injuries or conditions. Air mattresses have health benefits, making them popular among campers. Your body may also benefit from the extra support the mattress will provide. This is especially true if you already have a bad back and need extra support. Air mattresses can provide this extra support, so your back feels better while sleeping.
An air mattress is also great for: Large families who need two beds where space is limited; Guests house-sitting or renting out their own home; Bedridden people needing more elevation for relief of pressure points; Parents with bed-wetting children who can’t go through nighttime laundry after every wash cycle; And travelers!
When looking at air mattresses, there are some things that are very important to look for.
The air mattresses weren’t quite as comfortable as we wanted them to be, but they gave us the support we needed, and we slept well. We would recommend these air mattresses for camping and other outdoor events and also for indoor activities like sleepovers. They’d be perfect to put beneath a tent or outside of a tent on the ground for added comfort!
We found that air mattresses do indeed make great camping gear. They offer good support, make those cold nights much more tolerable, and you can easily carry them around with you as you move from campsite to campsite.