Casper Mattress Review
The best place to start a Casper mattress review is with the company’s core belief: “Sleep is a superpower that charges everything we do.” Casper has been promoting that idea and disrupting the mattress business at the same time since launching as a company in 2014.
The first of what is now a sharply competitive industry for “mattresses in a box,” Casper provides a mattress design known for “breathable foam.” The idea is to dissipate heat to keep you cool at night while also delivering the support you need, where you need it.
Casper has since expanded its product lines to include a premium brand, the Casper Wave, as well as an entry-level bed, the Casper Essential. The company also offers pillows, bedding, and other furniture. The main takeaway from this Casper mattress review is that Australian sleepers can expect exceptional comfort and deep sleep all night long.
●●●●○ (4.3/5) based on 228 reviews
How we review
The mattress market is a competitive one. We put together this Casper mattress review to help you decide if this is the product you need for a good night’s sleep. Our review includes detailed information from actual customers who provide real-life insights into Casper’s feel, firmness, sleep quality, and more.
In all of our reviews, we strive to share a range of customer opinions, both good and bad. We sought unbiased data about the mattresses. By the end, our Casper mattress review will tell you what you need to know to determine if this company is a good match for your sleeping style and preferences.
|RATINGS BY CATEGORY|
What is the Casper mattress made from?
Casper mattresses offer four different types of proprietary layers of foam. This foam has its origins in the U.S. space program, as it’s based on foam developed and used by NASA. The different layers include a breathable open-cell foam; a high-density memory foam; a zoned transition foam; and a durable-support foam. The design of the open-cell foam includes pores to allow heat to dissipate. The foam is also infused with gel, which mattress companies say promotes cooler and restful sleep. The gel pods in the outer layer of the Casper Wave are also intended to help keep your spine in proper alignment.
Casper says its mattresses meet U.S. federal standards for being environmentally safe for the ozone and indoor-air quality. The Casper hybrid mattress includes the same foam we mentioned earlier, laying over a set of flexible, durable coils. Fabric care is an essential variable in our Casper mattress review. The mattress cover is made of soft, polyester fabric. You can unzip the cover and remove it for laundering.
Weight, thickness and cost of Casper mattress:
Casper mattresses will require a little help from a friend. You’re going to need an extra set of hands to get the mattress-in-a-box from your front door to your bedroom. The twin foam-only Essential mattress starts at a manageable 25 kilograms, but the biggest bed — the California king size — weighs in at 64 kilograms.
Keep in mind that the mattress will be harder to move once it is out of the package. Get the frame set up and put the mattress in position before you free it from its cardboard shipping container. Once removed from the box, give the mattress a brief period to expand. You’ll quickly find that Casper thicknesses exceed other competing mattresses. They range from 27 centimetres to 33 centimetres in height.
|Twin||38 x 75 x 11 cm||$895.00|
|Twin XL||38 x 80 x 11 cm||$995.00|
|Full||53 x 75 x 11 cm||$1,195.00|
|Queen||60 x 80 x 11 cm||$1,295.00|
|King||76 x 80 x 11 cm||$1,695.00|
|CAL King||72 x 84 x 11 cm||$1,695.00|
As the category original mattress, Casper commands a slight premium for its mattresses. We’d put the emphasis on slight. The company’s mattresses are still in the same ballpark as competing mattresses. Casper offers mattresses at all price points — from an entry-level twin to a fully-featured king at the top price point.
The premium, of course, comes from the Casper name; you’re also helping contribute to the company’s research and development to build even better mattresses. Casper also offers matching pillows, duvets, frames, bed furniture, and other accessories.
Good for hot sleeping
Easy to move considering the memory foam
Good motion isolation
Some complaints of inadequate support for heavier people
Not the right mattress if you like the bounce of innersprings
No natural components
Warranty and trial length of Casper mattress:
1. Trial length: Casper has always offered a 100-night sleep trial. Anyone worried about purchasing a bed online may now rest easy. It’s not a problem if your mattress isn’t exactly what you require.
2. Customer service: Casper is great to work with, and its customer service is outstanding. Customers are pleased with the customer service provided.
3. Return Policy: Casper assures you that your mattress may be readily returned and refunded if you aren’t obtaining the rest you require.
4. Warranty length: They provide a 10-year warranty. This warranty is similar to most warranties that come with any mattress purchased in a store or online. It ensures that your mattress is free of defects or manufacturing issues for the duration of its life.
5. Shipping: Casper mattress provides free shipping on all of its mattresses.
What’s it like to sleep on Casper mattress?
Casper believes its mattresses have a lot in common with Goldilocks’ chosen bed: They are neither too hard, nor too soft. They are “just right” for sleepers of all kinds, whether you prefer to snooze on your back, side or stomach. The company brands offer two approaches to sleep technology. The first consists only of layers of foam. So, depending on which level mattress you buy, you’ll get either three layers, four layers, or five layers of foam. The higher you go, the more you must spend.
The three-layer mattress is called the Casper Essential, while the four-layer version is the Casper Original. Jump up to the Casper Wave to get that final layer. The highly engineered foam provides different benefits. The outer layer is breathable foam, for those who insist on staying cool all night. The middle layers provide pressure relief, while the bottom layers deliver firmness for stability and support.
Both the Casper Original and Casper Wave are also available in a hybrid design. That means the layers of foam are placed carefully over fabric-wrapped coil springs. Sleep on the Hybrid, and you’re getting the best of both worlds in foam and coil technology. Casper’s Hybrid mattresses also include edge support for getting in and out of bed quickly (Though we suspect that getting out will be the opposite of easy — at least from a comfort perspective).
One important takeaway from our Casper mattress review: Box springs are not necessary. You can lay your mattress over a platform bed, a flat foundation, or an adjustable frame. Since it’s available in six sizes, we’re confident Casper has an option that will suit all sleep styles. Casper became a feel-good business success story on the strength of thousands of five-star customer reviews.
Recommended Read – Best Pillows Australia
Casper mattress is recommended for:
- Casper mattress features excellent motion isolation, so you won’t be disturbed by your partner’s tossing and turning in the middle of the night.
- Ideal for small children.
- Ideal for senior citizens who sleep on their backs.
- Ideal for side sleepers and back sleepers who are light, moderate, or heavyweight.
How firm is the Casper Mattress?
The Casper is a 7/10 firmness, slightly firmer than average, however, the firmness will vary according to the size of the person sleeping on it. A larger individual may press more into the mattress, giving the impression that the Casper is firmer; a lighter person may not press as deeply, giving the impression that the Casper is softer.
In addition, depending on one’s sleeping position, the Zoned Support technology will make the Casper mattress feel firmer or softer. Because the transition layer’s centre is firmer than the rest, the Casper will feel firmer when resting on your back or stomach and softer when sleeping on your side.
Additional attributes of Casper Mattress:
1. Cooling: As the Casper is an all-foam mattress, it will not be as cool or breathable as a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. However, it does include several features that should help keep the top of the mattress cool — the top cover is breathable, and the AirScape foam layer is open-celled and ventilated for improved breathability and airflow.
2. Motion Transfer: While the top of the Casper is responsive, the comfort layer has memory foam. It does not have much motion transmission and allows an individual to move about on the other side of the mattress. This indicates that the Casper could be one of the most suitable mattresses for couples.
3. Edge support: When you’re shopping for a mattress, edge support is usually one of the last things on your mind. However, if you bring it home and use it on a regular basis, it might be a crucial feature. If you sit on the edge of your bed for any reason, like sleeping near the edge or sharing the bed with someone else, edge support is vital.
4. Durability: The Casper is made up of high-quality foams, with the company claiming that the foundation layer is exceptionally long-lasting. According to this data, the Casper mattress should last at least seven years under normal use.
5. Noise: We didn’t notice any noise when we moved around or changed positions at night because the Casper is an all-foam mattress. Hybrid and innerspring mattresses make a lot of noise, while all-foam mattresses like the Casper are usually relatively quiet.
6. Pressure relief: The Casper Original mattress’s memory foam structure allows it to mould to your body while you sleep. It will re-distribute your weight and relieve a lot of pressure. The zonal support layers are called into action once more. Because of the sturdy midsection, your hips won’t sink too far into the mattress.
- Joint Pain – It is ideal for people who suffer from joint pain.
- Hip Pain – Ideal for people who have hip pain problems.
- Back pain – Ideal for people who suffer from back problems.
Who is the Casper mattress best for?
Many variables go into determining whether a mattress suits your needs. In our Casper mattress review, we were impressed by the breadth of options available for various sleeper types. Because you can choose from three thicknesses, and foam-only or the hybrid approach, you’re almost guaranteed to find one that matches your style and preference. We even read some reviews from women who said the Casper mattresses promoted restful sleep very late in their pregnancies.
People Also Ask
The Casper Mattress is a solid and stable mattress. If you are a side sleeper, front sleeper and back sleeper then you will find the Casper mattress equally comfortable as other mattresses. Thus it is worth buying.
The three-layer mattress is called the Casper Essential, while the four-layer version is the Casper Original. Jump up to the Casper Wave to get that final layer.
Casper mattresses offer four different types of proprietary foam. This foam has its origins in the U.S. space program, as it’s based on foam developed and used by NASA. The different layers include a breathable open-cell foam; a high-density memory foam; a zoned transition foam; and a durable-support foam.
The twin foam-only Essential mattress starts at a manageable 25 kilograms, but the biggest bed — the California king size — weighs in at 64 kilograms…You’ll quickly find that Casper thicknesses exceed other competing mattresses. They range from 27 centimeters to 33 centimeters in height.
Casper provides a mattress design known for “breathable foam”. This mattress dissipates heat to keep you cool at night while also delivering the support you need, where you need it. It also offers pillows, bedding, and other furniture.
In this Casper Mattress review we help you find information from real customers about the feel, firmness, sleep quality, materials, and more. We tried to do our best to showcase a range of customer opinions and use unbiased data.
Do you find this review helpful? Comment your experience with Casper Mattress and help others to choose the right mattress.