Ecosa Mattress Review
The Ecosa is customisable and designed to fit many sleeping styles. Its three foam layers can be rearranged for a medium, medium-firm, or firm feel. Perfect for choosy sleepers, it offers the firm support of memory foam and the soft contour of a custom Eco-tex layer. The mattress is protected against spills and dust mites by the inner cover, which is comprised of tightly woven microfilaments. Every Ecosa mattress ships free across Australia, and some cities are eligible for same-day (4 hours) delivery. While the price of the Ecosa mattress is slightly above average, our review of the Ecosa mattress found its unique features make a difference in durability, construction, and overall satisfaction.
●●●●● (4.7/5) based on 10323 reviews
How we review
In our review, you’ll find information from real customers about the feel, firmness, sleep quality, materials, and more. We do our best to showcase a range of customer opinions and use unbiased data. By the end, you’ll have a feel for this foam mattress and know whether or not to bring it home.
|RATINGS BY CATEGORY|
What is the Ecosa mattress made of?
Constructed from three foam layers, the Ecosa is not a revolutionary design. It is adjustable though, and this customisable feature sets it apart from the competition. We will look at these aspects and understand how this affects overall feel, weight, and thickness.
1. G-7 memory foam (Top Layer) – The first comfort layer is the G-7 memory foam layer. This foam is designed by Ecosa and features gel particles. Since memory foam is notoriously hot, the gel helps regulate temperature and keep you cool during Australian summers. Rounding out the mattress is the high-density support layer. The top of this foam has thin channels that allow air to circulate.
2. ECO-Tex memory foam (Middle Layer) – Similar to competing foam mattresses, the Ecosa is made of a custom Eco-tex foam, memory foam, and a high-density support foam. The first layer is their Eco-Tex foam made open cell technology. It has a pin-hole design that helps airflow. Plus, it’s hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites.
3. Ergonomic support foam (Bottom Layer) – The yellow coloured HD Polyfoam is involved to provide you weight support and spine alignment while allowing zero partner disturbance.
What truly makes the Ecosa standout is the specialised cover materials. The inner cover is made of a German-engineered micro-filament fibre. Due to the tiny filaments, this fabric is 100% waterproof and protects the foam layers from 99% of dust mites. It’s also incredibly breathable.
Wrapping this layer is a removable double-knitted polyester cover. It uses high-quality fabric for breathability and flexibility. Plus, there is a fire-resistant woven silica sock between the outer and inner covers.
Additional attributes of the Ecosa Mattress
1. Pain Relief – The gel particles from the G-7 memory foam assists you in easing the pressure point pain (related to back or shoulder). The medium firmness of this layer of the mattress supports the natural alignment of your spine for all your sleeping positions. However, for critical medical advice, please consult an orthopaedic physician or chiropractor for severe and constant back and shoulder-related problems/questions.
2. Type of Sleeper – The Ecosa mattress is ideal for:
- Back and side sleepers.
- Light sleeper
- Stomach sleepers
It is compatible with all sleeping positions since it allows you to adjust the firmness level that suits you the best.
3. Edge Support – Sitting on the edge of an Ecosa mattress, you’ll sink several centimetres. All foam compresses with weight, and the mattress does not have springs to rebound you. If you’re upgrading from an all spring mattress, you may notice decreased edge support. However, the Exo-tex layer is naturally bouncy to help spring you up and out of bed.
4. Motion Transfer (Zero partner disturbance) – The Ecosa may lack edge support, but it’s great at reducing motion transfer. Toss and turn during the night? Your partner won’t feel a thing (unless you accidentally hit them). The foam layers absorb movement, pushing it down instead of across the surface. If you’re a solo snoozer, this means you won’t feel pets or kids jumping on the bed.
5. Temperature – The same G-7 memory foam that assists in relieving certain pressure point pains also allows temperature stabilisation. The pincore holes especially keep the air flowing freely through all the layers of the Ecosa mattress for amazing air circulation.
6. Waterproof – The waterproof and dust mite-resistant inner cover of the Ecosa mattress is engineered with German micro-filament technology that protects the mattress from allergen buildup by preventing any accidents like drink spillage and moisture buildup within the mattress.
7. Customisable Firmness – With this one mattress, you get the advantage of three options to suit your comfort level. If you realise that, with time, your approach to a mattress will change, then consider getting the Ecosa mattress that allows Medium, Firm, and Medium-firm options to give you the freedom of choosing your preferred comfort level.
8. The Ecosa Mattress Cover – The Ecosa mattress cover can be machine washed at room temperature but shouldn’t be exposed to high temperatures when using a dryer. Apart from this, the cover comes with a range of attributes, that are:
- It is 100% waterproof.
- It is breathable.
- The cover is 99.9% dust mite-free.
- It is removable and washable.
- It protects the mattress against bacteria.
9. CertiPUR-US Certified – The foams used for the construction of the mattress are CertiPUR-US Certified, which means that there was no involvement of harmful chemicals during the manufacturing process.
10. OEKO-TEX® – The textiles used for the Ecosa mattress are OEKO-TEX® certified, which indicates that they were tested during each level of the development process against all the safety standards.
Specifications of Ecosa Mattress:
- Cover include
- Removable Cover
- Cooling Technology
- Motion Transfer
- Edge Support
Size Available : Single, Long Single, King Single, Double, Queen, King, Super King
3-Layer foam construction : G-7 Memory Foam layer, ECO-Tex Foam Layer, Ergonomic HD Breathable Support layer
Firmness level : Medium, Medium-firm, Firmest
Weight Capacity : 300
Price range : $640 – $1,320 (Discounted range)
Weight, Thickness and Cost Of Ecosa Mattress:
Moving the Ecosa mattress will likely require two people. When a Queen size is fully expanded, it weighs 35 kilograms. While this is light compared to the hybrid designs, it’s on par with other foam mattresses. Look at the chart below to see how it stacks up.
The Ecosa comes compressed in a box, but it quickly expands to a thickness of 25.4 centimetres. This is an average thickness for all-foam designs and is enough for most sleepers. Before unpacking the Ecosa, position it on your bed frame, box spring, base, or floor. Then, break the seal and watch it grow.
|Single||92 x 188 x 25 cm||21 kg||$640|
|Long Single||92 x 203 x 25 cm||23 kg||$720|
|King Single||107 x 203 x 25 cm||26 kg||$760|
|Double||138 x 188 x 25 cm||30 kg||$840|
|Queen||153 x 203 x 25 cm||35 kg||$920|
|King||183 X 203 X 25 cm||42 kg||$1,080|
|Super King||203 x 203 x 25 cm||50 kg||$1,320|
Relative to other mattresses we review, the Ecosa is priced above average. While still competitive, the higher cost is likely due to the quality of materials. Ecosa sources its own raw materials—ensuring consistent quality and a responsible supply chain. You will be paying more for this mattress, but it also comes with an above-average warranty and thousands of five-star reviews.
Delivery, Trial and Warranty of Ecosa Mattress:
Overall, the Ecosa mattress is a high-quality foam mattress that lets customers customise its firmness.
1. Delivery – All the products get shipped free across Australia. Same-day delivery is even available for Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Perth. Remote areas receive the mattress within 1-7 days.
2. Trial Period – After getting the mattress, you have 100 days to see if it works for you. Ecosa fully refunds your purchase within this time period and donates any returns to a local charity. However, they ask you to try the mattress for at least 14 days to let your body adjust.
3. Warranty – Sleep better than ever on your Ecosa? Keep it and rest soundly, knowing every mattress comes with a 15-year warranty. After purchasing the mattress, customers have to register for the Ecosa mattress warranty.
What’s it like to sleep on Ecosa mattress?
Due to Ecosa’s innovative design, the feel depends on the mattress’ arrangement. All the mattresses are shipped at a medium level of firmness. Yet it’s easy to get a firmer feel by simply swapping two layers or flipping the mattress. This feature is great for people who want the contour of memory foam but have issues finding the perfect firmness.
Allowing sleepers to customise the feel makes the Ecosa bed work for a number of sizes and positions. Typically, back and side sleepers are most comfortable on a firmer mattress. The foam supports the natural curve of the spine, and a comfort layer provides a cushion for pressure points. This is likely why many customers say they wake up with less back pain and neck stiffness.
While the Ecosa is ideal for side and back sleepers, it may only work for certain stomach sleepers. This position usually prefers plush tops and medium firmness. The Ecosa can be adjusted to a medium level, so average or large-size sleepers will likely be comfortable. Small stomach sleepers do enjoy the Ecosa, but every person has different preferences. No matter your ideal sleeping position, you can see if it works for you during the at-home trial period.
Waterproof and dust mite-resistant inner cover
Free Australia-wide shipping
Zero partner disturbance
Helps in relieving back, hip, and shoulder pain
Not suitable for individuals looking for a plishier mattress.
Is Ecosa Mattress best for you?
You are more likely to bring this mattress home, if:
- You are a light sleeper, and every small disturbance wakes you up. The motion isolation feature, on the other hand, helps you achieve that sound sleep if you have a partner who is always restless in his sleep.
- You need a firmer mattress with varied firm levels or comfort levels.
- You have allergies.
- You are looking for a supportive mattress.
- You are experiencing back, shoulder or hip pain.
- You have a growing kid whose approach to firmness level can be dynamic over time.
What is the firmness level of the Ecosa Mattress?
With the Ecosa mattress, you get three options of firmness level that comes with three foam layers.
- The G-7 gel memory foam depicts the medium level after scoring 6/10 on the firmness scale.
- The Eco-Tex layer depicts the medium-firm level after scoring 6.5/10 on the firmness scale.
- The High-density polyfoam bottom layer depicts the firmest level after scoring 8/10 on the firmness scale.
But how do you change the firmness of the Ecosa mattress?
Follow the video to easily attempt it.
What bed base should I use?
The bed base has the ability to enhance or void the warranty of a mattress. Therefore, selecting a good bedstead is essential, not just to protect your mattress but also to add to your comfort level.
Fortunately, the Ecosa mattress is designed to fit any bed base, from the floor box spring to slatted base but is best compatible with adjustable bed frames.
Why buy the Ecosa Mattress?
Not every mattress suits all types of sleepers. After looking through hundreds of Ecosa mattress reviews, we found who enjoyed it the most. (Keep in mind all reviews are subjective).
For this mattress, our test also involved an important question – What does the mattress feel like for people with different weights?
According to our test,
Average-weight sleepers (58 to 110 kg) should find comfort in all sleeping positions, where side sleepers may experience pressure-relief in the medium-firm arrangement, and back sleepers achieve lumbar support on the medium and medium-firm layer; whereas stomach sleepers can acquire spinal alignment with both the medium and firm arrangements.
At the same time, lightweight (under 58 kg)) individuals (back and stomach sleepers) will achieve proper spinal support in the medium or medium-firm configuration. However, lightweight side sleepers may find the mattress a bit too firm.
The firmest layer is most suitable for heavy-weight back and stomach sleepers (120 kg). The side sleepers can find themselves jammed on this layer due to the firmness around the shoulder region.
If you fit the above categories—and are searching for a quality mattress you can count on—the Ecosa is a great choice. Because where will you get a 3-in-1 bed that comes with 15-year warranty and pain relief features, among other incredible attributes, all starting from $600?
Don’t fit the above categories? Bring it home for 100 days and see if it works for you.
How to setup the Ecosa Mattress?
The easy steps of rolling out the mattress on the bed frame, cutting/removing the plastic completely and watching it expand will be undeniably satisfying.
However, the video given below can ease up the process and help you understand the procedure of unboxing even better.
People also ask:
According to our tests and trials, Ecosa mattresses have excelled in every rigorous development and firmness level. With that, we have come to the conclusion that the Ecosa mattress is worth purchasing and is one of the best top mattresses all over Australia.
Due to the amazing layers of the Ecosa mattress, it takes up to 72 hours to fully expand and regain its full firmness. However, few customers found 12 hours to be pretty adequate for the mattress to fully expand to its original shape and size.
Unlike most all-foam mattresses, the Ecosa mattress sleeps cool because of the gel-infused memory foam that allows better air circulation and increases breathability within the layers.
Yes, the Ecosa mattress cover is removable and washable. You must wash the cover at room temperature but should prevent high temperatures when using a dryer. And if you come across any stain, then spot cleaning it using a solution of water and mild soap while drying it later is necessary.
The CertiPUR-US and OEKO-TEX certification proves that the Ecosa mattress is free of any harmful or toxic chemicals.
The Ecosa mattress can support a total weight of 300kg.
Just like customer reviews, firmness is also subjective and can vary from person to person. What is firm to you can be the same firmness level for your partner or other members of your family.
Allow yourself to fully adjust to its firmness for a few weeks during your trials period to better understand its support feature and the right layer to get accustomed to. However, with three options of firmness provided, the Ecosa mattress is neither too firm nor too soft.
Ecosa mattresses are mostly made from German materials and designed in Australia but assembled in China.
To sum up, if you agree to all the points on aspiring for a mattress that attends to your needs at the most affordable price, then the Ecosa mattress is the one for you. If you have any questions regarding the Ecosa mattress review, want to know more about our reviews for the best mattresses in Australia, or want to share your review on the Ecosa mattress, then let us know in our comments section.
About Author :
- 624 vs. Ecosa
- Lazybed vs. Ecosa Mattress Comparison (Updated) - 2022 Review
- Ecosa vs. Koala Mattress Comparison Updated 2022
- Ergoflex vs. Ecosa
- Comparison Between Eva vs. Ecosa Mattress (2022) – Updated
- Greywing vs. Ecosa Mattress Comparison (Updated 2022)
- Comparision Between Hugo vs. Ecosa (Updated 2022)
- Noa vs. Ecosa
- Comparison Between OneBed vs. Ecosa Mattress (2022) - Updated
- Simba vs. Ecosa Mattress Comparison (2022) - Updated
- Sleep Republic vs. Ecosa Comparision (2022) - Updated
- Comparision Between Sleeping Duck vs. Ecosa - (Updated 2022)
- Sleepy Panda vs. Ecosa Comparison (2022) - Updated
- Sommuto vs. Ecosa