If hearing the word “sofa bed” brings in memories of uncomfortable nights of sleeplessness, then you are not alone. Majority of people have had a bad experience when it comes to sofa beds. However, Koala Sofa Bed is now here to break the myth that sofa beds are uncomfortable for sleeping.
The Koala Sofa Bed is a completely Made in Australia product. It has a unique design and is extremely easy to assemble. It has a simply pull-mechanism to transform the sofa into a large comfortable bed in mere seconds. The Koala brand also offers a 120-night trial period for you to determine if the sofa-cum-bed is suitable for you. While placing an order for the Koala Sofa Bed, you can also choose to get it delivered within just 4 hours.
●●●●● (4.7/5) based on 10323 reviews
How We Review
In this article, we have tried and tested the Koala Sofa Bed this time. We have had growing numbers of queries regarding sofa beds, especially Koala Sofa Bed from Australia. This Koala sofa bed review was aimed to determine if the product is truly worth buying or not. We did a prolonged trial with the sofa bed and checked its features to a large extent.
We hope this review will answer your question if you should buy a Koala sofa bed or not.
|Koala website rating||4.7/5|
|Value for money||4/5|
The Koala Sofa Bed comes in three different sizes, including an option to buy a matching footrest. The sofa bed is priced reasonably well, for a sofa-cum-bed in Australia. Its frame and the base board are constructed from sustainably-grown poplar plywood mixed with MDF. It has polyurethane foam for its core which offers sufficient support while the cushions are wrapped in a layer of Dacron polyester. To maintain no-health risk status, the sofa bed’s cushion foam is made from Certified PUR-US which is free from harmful chemicals.
The sofa bed covers for the sitting surface are made from soft touch fabric which is actually a 88% polyester and 12% nylon mix. The sleeping surface of the Koala Sofa Bed is made completely out of polyester for added durability. It also comes with non-slip groves to ensure comfortable sleep.
The queen-sized Koala sofa bed model has a weight capacity of around 400 kg. The Koala sofa bed is also easier to maintain. You can choose to vacuum it or do spot cleaning. However, the covers are not removable so you can use stain-removers after a spill.
Besides this, The Koala Sofa Bed also has good value for money as it comes with a 5-year warranty for replacement against manufacturing defects.
What are the additional attributes of a Koala Sofa Bed?
Let’s check out some major attributes of the Koala Sofa Bed:
1. Construction – The Koala Sofa Bed is available in three different sizes. The Queen Bed/3 Seat Sofa measures 205.5 cm x 100.3 cm x 83.5 cm (W x D x H) in the Sofa position while it measures 205.5 cm x 224 cm x 66 cm (W x D x H) in the bed position. This sofa bed weighs around 72.6 kg and has 5 boxes. The Koala 3 Seat Sofa/Queen Bed is priced at AUD 1,500.
The Koala Sofa Bed’s 2.5 seat sofa/Double Bed measures 190 cm x 219.2 cm x 66 cm (W x D x H) in the bed position and measures 190 cm x 100.3 cm x 83.5 cm (W x D x H) in the sofa position. This Koala sofa bed weighs around 64.9 kg and also has 5 boxes. The Koala 2.5 Seat Sofa/Double Bed is priced at AUD 1,350.
The Koala Sofa Bed’s 1.5 seat sofa/Single Bed measures 130 cm x 100.3 cm x 83.5 cm (W x D x H) in the sofa position and measures around 130 cm x 219.2 cm x 66 cm (W x D x H) in the bed position. This sofa bed weighs around 54.8 kg and also comes with 5 boxes. The Koala 1.5 Seat/Single Bed is priced at AUD 900.
The Koala Sofa Bed also comes with an optional footrest. This footrest measures 65 cm x 65 cm x 42.5 cm (W x D x H). It weighs around 10.2 kg and has 1 box within. The footrest for Koala Sofa bed is priced at AUD 275.
2. Design – The Koala Sofa Bed has a simple yet stylish design. It is available in four different colours – Flat White, Lunar Grey, Brass Straight and Trackie Deck. It is delivered is a quick and easy-to-assemble packaging and does not require additional tools to be assembled.
3. Support – The Koala Sofa Bed provides incredible support, as a sofa and a bed. The cushions of the sofa bed are made from advanced polyurethane foam for perfect support. The top comfort layer is covered in Dacron Polyester and is made of Certi-PUR-US certified material. This material is free from harmful chemicals.
4. Sofa Bed Materials – The Koala Sofa Bed has a frame and base board made from sustainably-grown poplar plywood combined with MDF.
5. Height – All three models of the Koala Sofa Bed have a height of around 83.5 cm.
6. Cover – The sitting surface of the Koala Sofa Bed is made of soft touch fabric which is a mix of 88% polyester and 12% nylon. The sleeping surface is made completely from polyester and has distinct non-slip grooves. This adds extra durability to the sofa and bed covers.
7. Weight Capacity – The Queen Bed model of the Koala Sofa Bed has a weight capacity of around 400 kg. The weight capacities for the smaller models decrease accordingly.
8. Cleaning and Maintenance – The Koala Sofa Bed is easy to maintain and clean. As the covers are not removable, you should only use vacuum cleaning and spot cleaning to take care of dust and stains, respectively.
- Frame material – Sustainably-grown popular + MDF
- Core material – Polyurethane (Certi-PUR-US Certified) foam in Dacron polyester layer
- Sofa cover – Soft touch fabric (12% nylon + 88% polyester)
- Bed cover – 100% polyester with non-slip groove design for optimal durability
- Warranty – 5 year replacement warranty against manufacturing defects
- Colours – Available in 4 (four) distinct colours – Lunar Grey, Bass straight, Trackie Deck and Flat White
- Assembly – Easy, non-tool assembly
Sofa Bed Warranty, Shipping & Trial
1. Warranty – The Koala sofa bed comes with a 5 year duration warranty wherein the company readily replaces sofa beds with manufacturing defects.
2. Customer Service – The Koala brand provides excellent customer service. A simple call or email to the brand’s after-sales department will get your prompt customer care service.
3. Trial Period – The Koala sofa bed comes with a 120-days trial period.
4. Product Shipping – The Koala brand offers same-day shipping for Koala Sofa Bed. You can place an order in the morning and expect the sofa bed to be delivered by evening.
What its like to sleep on Koala Sofa bed?
Now that you know the specifications and features of the Koala sofa bed, let’s take a quick look at some highlighting points from user experiences shared with us.
1. Koala Sofa as a Bed:
After thoroughly testing the Koala sofa bed, we found it to be very comfortable to sleep on, unlike majority of other sofa beds that we’ve tried till now. It offers medium-firm support (6.5) and is quite firm. It is also more responsive than the brand’s mattress, despite the two being made from similar polyurethane material. Still, some users may find the sofa cushions too firm or too soft, depending on their individual preference. In case you find the Koala sofa bed too firm, you can simply order a Koala memory foam topper in firm or soft grades, complete free.
The mattress in the bed position is designed with non-slip grooves which can be felt when sleeping. However, you can remedy this by simply putting a thick bed sheet over it.
2. Koala Sofa as a Sofa:
The Koala Sofa Bed in the sofa position is also quite comfortable. Although the lack of footrest is noticeable, you can easily solve this by ordering the matching optional footrest. However, some users may find the sofa surface too firm as you don’t sink too much in the cushions when you sit. The lack of sufficient depth in the cushions may also prevent you from resting your head on it.
Apart from this, the chunky armrest design makes it easier to keep your stuff, like remote controller, phone, tablets, etc. Although the design and style may seem mundane to some the smooth finish is definitely attractive. Overall, the Koala Sofa Bed is a decent sofa, especially if you choose to buy the optional footrest with it.
As per our extensive research and according to our customer reviews, we found the Koala sofa bed extremely efficient. If you are looking for space-saving furniture which also adds simple style points to your living room, then the Koala sofa bed is the right option for you.
Four colours to choose from
Quick and easy assembly
Comfortable as sofa and bed
Some users may find it too firm
Clunky design may not match with all decors
Footrest is not included
Who Should Buy Koala Sofa Bed?
The Koala sofa bed is ideal for people who want an easy-to-assemble sofa bed. It comes packed in several small and lightweight boxes. The assembly procedure is also incredibly easy as you do not require any tools. Usually, you can assemble a Koala sofa bed in just 15 minutes. Once assembled completely, the Koala sofa bed swiftly transforms from bed to sofa and reverse. If you want a sofa bed that gives the comfort of a high-end mattress, then the Koala sofa bed is an ideal buy for you.
Who Should Not Buy Koala Sofa Bed?
The Koala sofa bed, despite its incredible features, is not recommended for all. For instance, if you prefer soft sofas that support your head well, then this sofa bed may not be the right choice. The back cushion is stiff and the seat cushions are not too deep. In addition, if you are on the heavier side, weighing more than 90 kg, then this sofa bed may not be right for you. As the price tag is also slightly on the higher side, buyers looking for affordable price should keep looking for alternates.
People Also Ask:
Yes, the Koala sofa bed is significantly more comfortable than most similar sofa beds available in the Australian market.
The best suited Koala sofa bed can be determined according to your needs. If you have a big family and sufficient free space, then you recommend buying the Queen Bed model. However, if you wish to save space and get two-in-one furniture, then the Single Bed sofa is more suitable.
It is not recommended to wash the Koala sofa bed at home. Instead, you should choose to seek professional upholstery cleaning services to clean and maintain your Koala sofa bed.
In case you find a manufacturing defect in the Koala Sofa Bed within 5 years from buying, you can simply contact the brand’s customer service through their official website and request a warranty evaluation.
Though the covers come with zippers, it is not recommended to remove the inner cushions and wash them at home.
A distinct “new” smell is normal with upholstered furniture. There’s nothing to worry about. Simply open a window and let the room get ventilated.
Overall, the Koala sofa bed is packed with incredible features. It is one of the most stylish and comfortable sofa-cum-beds available in the Australian market. This sofa bed is best-suited for those who want to kick back on firm supporting cushions. The sofa bed is easy to assemble and takes mere seconds to transform from sofa to bed, and vice versa.