Tulo Mattress – 2022 Review
Most mattresses give you one option, and you have to deal with it or send it back. However, Tulo is looking to change that by making sure you find the best mattress in Australia for you and helping you every step of the way. In our Tulo mattress review, we discovered that Tulo would go above and beyond to make sure you have a comfortable night’s sleep.
With their four distinct foam layers, the Tulo mattress design gives you support, comfort, and pressure relief, no matter what your sleep position is. Tulo will send it to your house for free and have professionals set it up and take your old mattress away to make things even easier. Mattress shopping doesn’t have to be stressful with Tulo.
How we review:
Our Tulo mattress review will help you get a feel if this mattress is right for you. Inside, you’ll find information from real customers about the feel, firmness, sleep quality, materials, and more. We do our best to share a range of customer opinions and use unbiased data in all reviews. By the end, you’ll know if this mattress is the right choice for your sleeping preferences.
|RATINGS BY CATEGORY|
What is the Tulo mattress made of?
In this Tulo mattress review, we did some digging to see how the material of the Tulo mattress stood up to their top competitor, Casper mattress. Both the Casper and Tulo mattresses feature similar designs, as do most foam mattresses; however, one thing makes the Tulo unique.
While Tulo does feature the four foam layers, their very first layer of foam is what is interesting. Made from five centimeters of high-density memory foam, this layer includes titanium particles and is ventilated to provide a refreshing night’s sleep. It is one of the most highly engineered foam layers we have seen throughout the Tulo mattress review. But after that, Tulo gets right back to basics because why mess with a good thing.
The next layer is three centimeters of breathable foam that features open-cell technology, which provides a constant airflow. Below that is five centimeters of responsive foam, which relieves pressure on your body by reducing surface tension.
The foundation layer is 11.5 centimeters of high-density foam that you can choose from soft to firm support, depending on which helps you sleep better. It is designed to complement the combined technologies of the layers above.
Key features of Tulo mattress:
- 1.5″ Lavender Infused Memory Foam
- Soft Knit Cover
- 4.5″ Base Support Foam
- Adjustable Base Friendly
- CertiPUR-US certified foam and contains no harmful chemicals
Tulo mattress weight, thickness and cost:
In our Tulo mattress review, we found that this mattress is lighter than most. The Tulo mattress weighs in at around 33 kilograms, which is still fairly heavy but not overly so. If their professional installers are not available in your location, the mattress is light enough that you and possibly another person should be able to handle it.
After you order the mattress and the shipping is complete, it will arrive at your door compressed and in an easily accessible box. Once you remove the mattress, you can unroll it onto your bed frame and watch it expand to a full 25 centimeters. While that height is a bit low, pairing it with either a mattress topper or box spring will help raise it a bit.
|Twin||75″ x 39″ x 11″||$467.99|
|Twin XL||80″ x 39″ x 11″||$527.99|
|Full||75″ x 54″ x 11″||$527.99|
|Queen||80″ x 60″ x 10″||$575.99|
|King||80″ x 76″ x 11″||$719.99|
|Cal King||84″ x 72″ x 11″||$719.99|
The cost of this mattress was relative to other all-foam mattresses we have reviewed. However, Tulo does give the option of finance for any of their products with zero percent APR for 12 months. That’s something that not a lot of companies do with their products, but Tulo wants to be sure anyone can get their mattresses and find one that suits them.
That said, the prices up to the Queen size are somewhat in line with what we’ve seen with other brands. It’s not until the King size that prices seem to jump higher than others. Still, not a whole lot more expensive than what we’ve seen before. But they constantly have deals, so if you’re lucky, you may be able to snag this mattress when it’s on sale.
Tulo mattress trial, shipping and availability:
1. Availability – Tulo Memory Foam Bamboo Mattresses are available both online and in Mattress Firm stores. The mattress can be purchased in-store, on the Tulo website, or on Amazon. Tulo exclusively delivers within the United States.
2. Shipping – Tulo offers free shipping inside the contiguous United States via FedEx or UPS Ground. The majority of deliveries are received within two weeks. To put the mattress together, open the box, take the bed out of the packaging, and place it on a flat surface. Within minutes, it should resume to its original shape. On the other hand, Tulo advises waiting at least one hour before using the bed.
3. Sleep Trial – This mattress comes with a 120-night sleep trial, allowing the buyer to try it out before making a purchase. During the trial period, Tulo accepts mattress returns or swaps. However, the business advises customers to try the mattress for at least 30 days before returning it. This gives you time to break in the mattress and adjust your body to it.
4. Warranty – Within the United States, the Tulo Memory Foam Bamboo Mattress comes with a 10-year limited warranty. Only the original purchaser is covered by the guarantee, and it only applies to problems caused by workmanship or defective materials.
Excellent spinal alignment
Supporting your body’s ideal temperature
No social impact
Tulo mattress performance:
1. Motion isolation – Like most memory foam mattresses, the 6-inch and 8-inch height options of the Tulo Memory Foam Bamboo Mattress provide enough motion isolation for many sleepers. On the other hand, more sensitive sleepers may choose the 10-inch version, which has more memory foam and provides better motion isolation.
2. Pressure relief – The thick layer of soft, conforming memory foam in the 10-inch Memory Foam Bamboo Mattress provides excellent pressure relief for most sleepers. In high-pressure areas, the foam conforms to the body, assisting sleepers in maintaining proper posture throughout the night. Although it doesn’t contour as much as the 10-inch mattress, the 8-inch mattress relieves pressure well. When it comes to pressure relief, though, the 6-inch mattress falls short of the other options.
3. Temperature Control – The Tulo Memory Foam Bamboo Mattress regulates temperature well in all three height options, making it a suitable choice for hot sleepers. The Bamboo Memory Foam Mattress is made of memory foam that has been infused with gel. The little gel microbeads are intended to prevent retention, which is a common issue with all-foam mattresses. The mattress cover, which is constructed of bamboo rayon, breathes well and keeps you cool while you sleep.
4. Edge Support – The 6- and 8-inch Memory Foam Bamboo Mattresses, despite their foam design, are firm enough to provide strong edge support, allowing you to sit or sleep on the bed’s edge without sagging. However, the 10-inch mattress has the greatest memory foam, which is meant to respond to body weight and sinks if a sleeper gets too close to the edge.
5. Ease of Movement – While memory foam relieves pressure and helps sleepers maintain appropriate spinal alignment, it can also restrict movement, especially if the foam is thick or very soft. As a result, sleepers who prefer to move easily over the mattress may prefer the 6- and 8-inch variants of the Memory Foam Bamboo Mattress, which are firmer than the 10-inch version.
Sleeping Style and Body Weight:
1. Side Sleepers – When a mattress doesn’t adjust to body weight in the proper places, the sleeper’s posture suffers, which can lead to aches and pains when they wake up. All-foam mattresses are usually best for back pain and conform to a person’s weight and posture, providing enough give in crucial areas to maintain appropriate spinal alignment. For most side sleepers in this area, the Tulo Memory Foam Bamboo Mattress’ 10-inch variant performs quite well, especially for side sleepers weighing less than 230 pounds. Side sleepers weighing more than 130 pounds will be appropriately supported by the 8-inch and 6-inch height options. Side sleepers weighing less than 130 pounds, on the other hand, may generally prefer a softer bed.
2. Back Sleepers – The Memory Foam Bamboo Mattress’s 8- and 10-inch height options should provide good support for most back sleepers, and the 6-inch height option will also provide proper support. Back sleepers weighing less than 130 pounds can benefit from the thicker comfort layers in the 8-inch and 10-inch models. Sleepers weighing 130 to 230 pounds, on the other hand, will be well supported. The 6-inch option may be a good match for back sleepers who weigh less than 230 pounds and desire a firmer sensation. Those who weigh more than 230 pounds, on the other hand, might benefit from a firmer mattress.
4. Stomach Sleepers – Due to the way foam allows the hips to sink too far, which can misalign the sleeper’s spine, all-foam mattresses don’t usually give the optimum support for stomach sleepers. The 8-inch Memory Foam Bamboo Mattress, on the other hand, offers above-average pressure alleviation and support for stomach sleepers weighing less than 130 pounds. The 8-inch size may also provide appropriate support to those weighing 130 to 230 pounds. The 6-inch mattress is suitable for stomach sleepers weighing less than 130 pounds, while the 10-inch mattress is suitable for stomach sleepers weighing less than 230 pounds.
How does the Tulo mattress feel to sleep on?
This all-foam design is meant to help relieve pressure and get you sleeping all night comfortably long. The Tulo mattress is available in three soft, medium, and firm options. You can try each one out and find out which is best for you and your sleeping habits. However, because each mattress is made entirely of foam, you may experience similar feelings regardless of the firmness. If you like being hugged by your bed and that traditional memory foam feel, then you will love the Tulo mattress.
The all-foam makeup will have you sinking quite a bit, with not a lot to bring you back up. This mattress will keep you supported and comfortable regardless of your sleeping position. While back sleepers may find this mattress to be perfect for them, the memory foam will cradle your spine and keep it aligned in whichever position you sleep in. If you suffer from back pain or scoliosis, there is an excellent chance that you will find this bed highly beneficial.
Edge support is something that combination sleepers and others enjoy because it allows you to make the most out of your bed. Here, there is edge-to-edge support, so you never feel like you will sink off the side of the bed. If you or someone you sleep with tends to roll and move in their sleep, not only will they find every position is comfortable, but they will be able to find comfort even on that edge. And if they end up pushing you to the edge of the bed, you can still rest easily.
Stomach sleepers often have the most issues when finding a mattress. However, the Tulo mattress may be your new best friend, as its foam layers conform and hug every part of your body. They will even be able to support your hips to keep you from feeling like you’re sinking into the mattress.
Who is the Tulo mattress best for?
Every sleeper is different, and some suffer from chronic back issues as well. Through our Tulo Mattress review, we found that customers particularly like this mattress for its pressure-relieving properties. Many have kept the bed because it’s comfortable in any position, even on the edges. The mattress is also able to balance your body to give you the best level of support you need during your sleep. So whether you are a side, back, or stomach sleeper, or maybe all three, the Tulo mattress should treat you very well.
The finer details
Tulo offers a great 120-night trial of any of their mattresses. Meaning that if you don’t like the mattress within that time frame, you can send it back and try out a different firmness option. You can do so with all three mattress selections, including their Liv model if you so choose. As mentioned before, Tulo offers professional installation. When checking out, Tulo offers the option also to buy their Tulo base that pairs with the mattress.
Adding a base box spring will help raise the height of the bed a bit to make it feel more natural. However, a box spring is not entirely necessary because of the foundation layer. Unfortunately, this mattress is not available anywhere outside the United States, which goes for Europe and the UK. The lack of international availability is a disappointment; however, they may be looking to expand soon, given the brand’s popularity.
People also ask
Customers praise Tulo mattresses for their initial comfort, but some sleepers have complained about their firmness.
Tulo mattresses are made with CertiPUR-US® certified foams, which meet strict VOC (volatile organic compound) guidelines. They’re free of ozone depleting chemicals, mercury, lead, and other heavy metals, formaldehyde, and phthalates, all of which are regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Those with chemical sensitivities may need mattresses that have undergone more rigorous testing.
No. A Tulo mattress does not require a box spring, and for mattresses with slats that are 5 inches or less apart, a solid foundation is recommended.
Tulo believes that knowing your sleeping position is the most important factor to consider when buying a mattress. The company provides a simple method for selecting a mattress that fits your preferred sleeping position.
While the strategy of choosing between three firmness levels makes the purchasing process easier, those who require more support or a medium-firm mattress for back issues may not find it in Tulo’s products.